VTech is the global leader in electronic learning products from infancy through toddler and preschool and the world’s largest manufacturer of cordless phones. It also provides highly sought-after contract manufacturing services.
With headquarters in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in China, VTech currently has operations in 11 countries and regions. It employs approximately 27,000 employees. This network allows VTech to stay abreast of the latest technology and market trends throughout the world, while maintaining a highly competitive cost structure.
In 1992 VTech Electronics Europe B.V. established offices in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain and France, specializing in learning products. Since then VTech won many awards from recognized juries, educators, retailers, consumers and journalists.
VTech is a dynamic company, always improving themselves, quality & sustainability are key.
Together with another colleague you will be responsible for the technical management and the support desk of Europe. You also will have an advising and supporting role towards Application Management, in meaning of supporting and providing information according to Servers, Network, Infrastructures, LAN, WAN, everything where applications are running on.
Being employed within VTech, means having many responsibilities, but also a lot of freedom. No day is the same. You will be in close contact with the Sales Companies, Suppliers and Partners within Europe and the ICT team in Hong Kong and other regions.
Purpose of the function
• The System/Network Administrator is within the organization responsible for maintaining and developing the Regional datacenters, the Local and Wide area network;
• Managing & maintaining the support desk;
• The System/Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining and providing first line support of office, server & network environment and supporting the users in their day to day tasks.
• Initiate, co-ordinate and collaborate Technical (ICT) projects on a global and a regional level for continuous and structural improvement of the ERP, Engineering, Production, Office, communication and Network environment;
• Initiate and maintain contacts with ICT suppliers for hardware, software, support and consultancy, mainly technical oriented;
• Implement, maintain and improve on technical ICT infrastructure, both regional and global;
• Order equipment, check invoices and requisitions, manage licenses and support contracts, advice CAPEX, write Technical Business cases, document ICT procedures, document ICT work instructions, advise in and document ICT policies;
• Guard, implement and improve on Back office processes in a timely manner;
• Monitoring on basic Back office processes and take appropriate actions;
• Provide management information regarding technical ( ICT) projects, incidents, up-/ downtime, back office processes, KPI;
• Provide input on incidents, up-/ downtime, Tickets and basic Back office processes;
• Provide first line support, excluding ERP, towards all users in the EU;
• In this position you will report to the ICT Manager Europe.
• Minimum MBO, maximum HBO (Technical or ICT).
• Minimum 5 years in a Service/ICT environment.
• Experience in an ICT environment, Service desk is a pre;
• Experience with projects;
• Good knowledge of Dutch (speaking and writing) and English (speaking and writing). Other languages like German, French, and Spanish are a pre.
• Team worker;
• Planning & organizing;
• Service minded;
• Result driven;
As a person you have good communication skills and able to work in an international team and willing to travel within Europe when required.
In this job we have to offer
• A young and dynamic working environment;
• A very interesting position with many challenges;
• A great place to work and an informal culture;
• A position with lots of freedom and room for own initiative;
• A competitive salary and good benefits program.
Deze vacature is in behandeling bij Danny Veraart (Consultant), bereikbaar via telefoonnummer 043-325 65 30 of 06-57 999 056